Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Rules based on category & post type not working

Unread

Rules based on category & post type not working

• I have four galleries which use multiple ACF gallery fields to allow users to add selected images. The gallery fields are in a separate Field Group for each gallery. The galleries appear in a custom post galled Gallery. Each ACF Gallery has a separate field with a name appropriate to the gallery subject. The ACF gallery fields use the following Location rule:

Post Type is equal to Gallery and
    Post Category is equal to <category name>

The terms Gallery and <category name> are selected from drop downs.

In three of my galleries this works fine. In the fourth gallery, on the edit page the gallery fields appear and work fine but – after these fields, the name of one of the other galleris appears and below this other gallery’s ACF Gallery fields also appear. The user can add images to those additional gallery fields.

Where the galleries have the same name as the galleries in the original post they also contain the same images – where the name is unique to the other gallery there are no images.

I cannot see any difference in the way these pages and field groups are set up but the problem only appears on one of the galleries. The rules are precisely the same apart from the different category.

I could rebuild the misbehaving page but thought I would look here for help first.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.