Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Reuse ACF from one project on another … ?

Solved

Reuse ACF from one project on another … ?

• Hi, I’m trying to figure out a way to have a Base WordPress with all the fancy functionality I can think of creating using ACF.

Now, is there any EASY way to keep that Base WordPress up to date with new functionality that I add, and transfer them into new projects (based on the same Base WordPress). Know what I mean, or should I elaborate further to get my point across?

Basically It gets tiresome to recreate ACF functionality from project to project …

Imagine a button that says Export, and you could select all the functionality that you created using ACF from the database, and import it into another project. That way I could reuse stuff I spend a lot of time creating in ACF.

• This is called creating a theme, or a starter theme. You create a custom theme for WP. When setting up the theme you include the folder acf-json https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/local-json/. This allows you have the fields automatically updated and included when you reuse your starter theme. Then you build your custom template files in your new theme to use the ACF fields. From here you build a theme starting from your starter theme that has all the functionality. Or you could potentially make this a parent theme and build child themes when building new sites. When you add things that you want to include you would add them to the starter theme.

• Thanks, just what I was looking for.

• Well, nothing gets saved to the acf-json folder!? I even tried adding the custom script to my functions.php file, but nothing gets saved.

WHAT do I have to do to get this to work? Reading the page on the subject doesn’t cut it. And the read/write settings to the folder should also be ok.

• Bummer, forgot to actually switch to the theme … (facepalm) sigh, works!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reuse ACF from one project on another … ?’ is closed to new replies.