Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Return ACF details from custom post type

Helping

Return ACF details from custom post type

• Checking a checkbox of a certain post type and displaying three random post-types data.

Basically, I have 100 custom post types which are universities. Some universities pay a premium rate for more exposure. When this happens, I have a checkbox that is ticked that is called ‘premium’. Which allows them to have a different profile. But what I would like to do, would be to display the premium profiles (3 randomly chosen ones) on the other post types that aren’t premium.

So below Is kind of what I assume the code will look like, (in laymans terms):

> Search custom post type’s for those that the checkbox premium has been checked.
    >> If checkbox for premium has been checked, return a random 3 and other ACF data.
    > If none are checked, then return different data.

I know that doesn’t help much, but I have the below for displaying the premium profile details of a the current post ID below, But I want to run a query with returning random details of those that the certain ACF checkbox is ticked.

<?php if (get_field('premium_profile') != '') {  ?>
        	Data for Premium
    <?php } else  { ?>		
        	No Data Displayed.
    <?php } ?>
  • Hi @owenoneill

Perhaps you could read teh docs on how to query the posts based on a custom field value?

Thanks
    E

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Return ACF details from custom post type’ is closed to new replies.