Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Results of post object field dependent of the value of another field

Helping

Results of post object field dependent of the value of another field

• Can I influence the post object field results when I choose a certain value of another field?

For example, let’s say I have custom post types called “Members”, “Teams” and “Matches” and two post object fields inside “Matches”, where one is called “Team”, and another “Leader”.
    If I select Team 1, inside the “Leader” field only members of that team should be shown as choices.

Is it possible to achieve something like that?

• Hi there…

I ran into something similar before. The closest solution I found was: https://www.bobz.co/dynamically-populate-select-fields-choice-in-advanced-custom-fields/

This requires JQuery if you don’t want to reload the page…
    You could try a Step 1, Step 2 process… where each Step saves to the DB.. then it’s easier to filter the list in the subsequent step by using ACF filters and PHP…

It’s doable, but a very advanced topic. Hope that you get it sorted out.

We might be able to help a piece at a time if you implement many of the steps, and run into any snags along the way.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Results of post object field dependent of the value of another field’ is closed to new replies.