Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Restrict the tags choosable in the backend based on category

Helping

Restrict the tags choosable in the backend based on category

• Hi,

I have a lot of tags and some custom taxonomies.

My question is:

Is it possible to limit the tags selectable in the backend based on the category chosen?

Example:

Let’s say I have a category “books” and a custom taxonomy called “amount”.

If the category “books” is selected I can show the custom taxonomy called “amount” in my backed via the location rules.

But is it possible the show only certain tags from the custom taxonomy “amount” as a checkbox?

Let’s say I also have a category “music album” and the custom taxonomy “amount” contains tags like “100-200 pages”, “10-15 songs”.

If the category “books” is selected I only want to show the tags from the custom taxonomy “amount” which are relevant to the category “books”.

Basically, I not only want to define which custom taxonomys are shown once a category is selected I also want to define which tags from this custom taxonomy can be chosen.

I hope this makes sense.

Best regards,
    Alina

• I believe that you are talking about having 2 fields where the second taxonomy field shows results based on the selection in another taxonomy field.

This is not easy and I do not have the details. I can only give you a rough outline.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.