Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Restrict Page Link relational field by page template

Solved

Restrict Page Link relational field by page template

• Hi,

We have the PRO plugin and it is great, but I’m not sure if we’re trying to push it too far with this!

What I would like to do is have a Page Link relational field that is populated with only those pages which use one of a set of page templates. So setting up the Page Link relational field would work in a similar way to setting up the rules for choosing which page edit screens show a particular field group based on page template, if that makes sense.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Dan.

• It might be simpler to have a custom taxonomy (which can be hidden in the UI if you prefer) with a hook so when the page is saved it applies the correct terms to the page based on the template chosen.

I can point you in the right direction on how to do this if you need?

• Hi,

Thanks for the reply. This was the fallback solution that we were also thinking of, bit long-winded but should work thanks.

Dan.

• No solution, but I’ve been hoping for this feature and other options as well. I think it would be really great, if we had all of the related conditionals from the Location rules available for the Page Link field.

Maybe it’s time one of us just went ahead and made our own custom field type to do just that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Restrict Page Link relational field by page template’ is closed to new replies.