Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Restrict editors from adding new terms to custom taxonomy

Solving

Restrict editors from adding new terms to custom taxonomy

• I’ve created a custom taxonomy and attached it to a CPT.
    I’ve created terms for the taxonomy.

I now want to place restrictions on how the editor can edit and assign terms for this particular taxonomy.

I want to prevent editors from being able to add new terms.

I also want to present editors with a choice of terms, from which they must select one.

A radio button UI would be great for this.
    Is there a way to present existing terms for a custom taxonomy as radio buttons?

• The taxonomy field has the option of using a radio button for presentation. It also has a setting that enables/disables adding terms.

If you’re talking about the standard WP metabox for terms, ACF cannot control this. You would need to remove the default WP metabox and use an ACF field.

• The taxonomy field has the option of using a radio button for presentation

Sorry for the dumb question, but how can this be done?
    I can’t find this option in the configuration for a custom taxonomy.

In a test site, I managed to do this with the help of a third-party plugin. But I can’t see a way to do this within the ACF settings for a custom taxonomy.

• It also has a setting that enables/disables adding terms.

I can’t find this setting either.

Where is it exactly?

• This has nothing to do with adding the taxonomy, you would find these settings in the taxonomy “field” when adding a field to a group. As I said, ACF cannot control what the standard WP taxonomy meta box can do. You have to remove it and use an ACF field instead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.