Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Restore some field values from WordPress backup

Solved

Restore some field values from WordPress backup

• Hi guys, I somehow overwrote the ACF field values for 2 fields with blank data. I have a backup of my entire site from when the data existed. I’ve spent a few hours trying to figure out how to unzip that .gz file and get the contents I need via phpmyadmin or some other tool. Most of the info I’ve found is related to restoring an entire site or database. I only need those 2 fields. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any responses.

• Hi @clayelliot

This is quite unrelated to ACF however the file you are looking for from your backup is your database file (.mysql).

You will need to extra and re-import the mysql file into your temporary database, from here you can filter and copy the fields values from the postmeta table.

Hope this helps.

• Hi @clayelliot

This is quite unrelated to ACF however the file you are looking for from your backup is your database file (.mysql).

You will need to extract the compressed file and re-import the mysql file into your temporary database, from here you can filter and copy the fields values from the postmeta table.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks very much James. Where ACF puts the field values was the main info I needed, grabbed it from the wp_postmeta table as you indicated. I had been looking in posts. Thanks!

• Hi @clayelliot

Most welcome.

Always happy to help, feel free to reach out in case something else comes up 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Restore some field values from WordPress backup’ is closed to new replies.