Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Responsive Input width ( Reapeater )

Solving

Responsive Input width ( Reapeater )

• Hi all,

I use the width setting on my ACF field to made the fields look better on backend but when I create or edit a post on small screen (Smartphone or Tablet) the inputs are too small.

I found how to force the width to 100% with media queries (CSS) but it’s not working on table reapeater field.

Do you know how I can change the repeater display from table to block if “small screen” ?

I assume I can use the prepare_field filter but I don’t know how to get screen data in PHP …

If possible, I also looking for a solution for gallery field which not display good too on small screen because of the side-data. If you have an idea …

thanks =)

• Hey, did you ever get an answer on this? I’m trying to forced text input fields to 100% width in the admin with a media query, and nothing I’m doing will work.

• There is not much you can to with repeaters displayed as tables because, well, they are tables. In order to do this you need to choose a different display, block or row. It may be possible to alter the way tables behave by altering the “display” property of the tables, rows, cells, etc, but I’m not sure.

• Just an FYI – none of the ACF repeater options (table, block or row) work on a mobile platform where the viewport is smaller than 450px. You can tweak the css but it’s cumbersome and doesn’t work so well. A work around is to wrap the repeater field (under Wrapper Attributes) with a class and then set that class to scroll. For example – wrap the repeater with the class “scrollme” and then style that class as:

.scrollme {
        overflow-y: auto;
        padding: 10px 0;
    }
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Responsive Input width ( Reapeater )’ is closed to new replies.