Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Options Page Replace uploaded file

Helping

Replace uploaded file

• Hi …

I am using the Options page to allow the user to upload a csv file that runs chart.

Everything works except the file no longer overwrites the current data file instead it creates a copy as gas-elec-daily-1.csv instead of overwriting gas-elec-daily.csv. I am sure this was working but it seems to have stopped and I cannot work out why – so any pointers gratefully received.

// Gas & Elec Daily
    add_filter('acf/upload_prefilter/name=gas_elec_data', 'field_name_upload_prefilter');
    function field_name_upload_prefilter($errors) {
      // in this filter we add a WP filter that alters the upload path
      add_filter('upload_dir', 'field_name_upload_dir');
      add_filter('wp_handle_upload_prefilter', 'rename_current_daily_upload', 11, 1);
      return $errors;
    }
    function rename_current_daily_upload( $file ){
    	$file['name'] = 'gas-elec-daily.csv';
    	return $file;
    }
    // second filter
    function field_name_upload_dir($uploads) {
      // here is where we alter the path
      $uploads['path'] = $uploads['basedir'].'/data';
      $uploads['url'] = $uploads['baseurl'].'/data';
      $uploads['subdir'] = '';
      return $uploads;
    }
  • ** Ignore this – I have asked a similar question a few months ago **

Alternatively – is there a way I can get the file field form within the Java file – currently using – field name ‘gas_elec_data’

// Set up data source
    chart.dataSource.url = “https://weareinteb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/data/gas-elec-monthly.csv”;

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.