Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Replace Comma With Line Break On Select Field Type When Using ACF Shortcode

Solving

Replace Comma With Line Break On Select Field Type When Using ACF Shortcode

• Hi there,
    Programming noob here. I use ACF on my website to display affiliate links to products on Amazon. I achieve this by using a “select” field type with the return format set to “both (array)”. The “value” is the Amazon SiteStripe image code and the “label” is a short product description. I implement this on my Elementor page builder using the acf shortcode [acf field="field_name"], since Elementor’s dynamic tags doesn’t seem to work properly with select field types.

Overall I am happy with how it looks, but I would like to remove the comma “, ” that seaparates the value and the label on the frontend and replace it with a line break <br>.

I searched around your forum before posting this and interestingly enough, I found a post extremely similar to mine, located here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/checkbox-field-commas-shortcode-for-get_field/

I tried implementing the code snippet posted there into my functions.php, but when I visited my site I was met with a “There has been a critical error on your website” message.

Like the other person in the above post, my knowledge of php is very limited, so I wondered if someone could be so kind as to provide me with a code that I can also add to my functions.php file that would allow me to achieve the desired line break in place of the comma?

Many thanks.
    Tom

• There isn’t any way to alter the way that ACF works when using shortcodes unless you add code to your theme. For something like this you could use https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-format_value/

• Thanks for the reply and pointing my in the right direction.

As I mentioned above though, I lack programming knowledge, so I’ll just have to pay someone to come up with the solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Replace Comma With Line Break On Select Field Type When Using ACF Shortcode’ is closed to new replies.