Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Repeater memory problem

Solving

Repeater memory problem

• Hi,

I’ve created a repeater field where a row contains 4-5 fields for text/date/number and one field containing an image. I’ve created a gallery in the frontend out of that repeater. Now that I have 106 rows I have a problem updating my site. At first it said memory exhausted, then I bumped memory and now I am getting timeout errors, uploading takes way too long and then breaks.

My question: is it a problem with the repeater? can I translate the structure to something else? What is a better alternative to that? Is it possible to paginate the repeater in the backend so that I dont need to download all rows at once?

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • I wish this reply wasn’t private because I think this problem is fairly common for people who develop using the repeater field.

If there’s any advice for keeping this from happening it would be very helpful.

• Hi @robgordon

Thanks for the post.

Pagination of the repeater field is something that is on the to do list of the plugin’s author and will be making it into the plugin sometime soon(we do not have a timeline yet).

Regarding the issue at hand, it is recommended to make use of Custom Post type to breakdown the structure of the repeater so that the values can be entered on different pages. This will ease the timeout issues once the number of rows peaks.

I hope this info helps!

• @acf-support @robgordon @James Do you know if there is any update on this “Pagination of the repeater field is something that is on the to do list of the plugin’s author” – 4 years later any update? Thanks. Seems like such a basic concept to remove memory issues on repeaters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Repeater memory problem’ is closed to new replies.