Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Repeater Loop Limited Return of Data

Solved

Repeater Loop Limited Return of Data

• Using the example code in a single view I am only able to return 3 fields of data, I have 20 in the repeater.

It does not matter which three fields I place first, but the first three fields display data.

I have searched and can not find a setting or a limiter somewhere that is causing this. I also looked here and could not find any others having the issue.

Thoughts?

• Hi @jwood01

It’s possible that there’s a function on your site that modifies the repeater value. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Also could you please debug the repeater value like the following?

echo "</pre>";
    var_dump( get_field('repeater_field_name') );
    echo "<pre>";

Thanks 🙂

• James,

Thank you for the assistance. I am already using Twenty Sixteen for development and disabled all plugins except PRO and still have the same issue.

Using the vardump returns NULL.

Jeff

• Hi @jwood01

Could you please share your code and the JSON or XML export file of your field group? Also, could you please provide the post ID where the repeater is assigned to the get_field() function like this:

echo "</pre>";
    var_dump( get_field('repeater_field_name', 99) );
    echo "<pre>";

Where ’99’ is the post ID.

Thanks 🙂

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • This reply has been marked as private.
  • James,

Turns out the issue is with the Post Objects in my repeater field. The output breaks when I call the data using the_sub_field. I can replicate by placing the code at any point in the series of output. Everything before renders perfectly.

I am digging back into the documentation to see if there is something special about using Post Objects like this, but nothing at first search. Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your efforts!

J.

• Hi @jwood01

Could you please share your full code here: https://gist.github.com/? Also, please let me know which line that has the issue.

Thanks 🙂

• James,

Thanks for the help. I know it has been awhile, but after reloading the site from scratch this issue went away. Not sure what fixed it to be honest. Going to close this out.

Jeff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Repeater Loop Limited Return of Data’ is closed to new replies.