Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Repeater fields with File field don't show in edit page

Solving

Repeater fields with File field don't show in edit page

• When a Repeater field with a File field have entries, it doesn’t show when editing that post. The field seems to be skipped. It shows when creating a new post, or when editing a post that doesn’t have entries in that field.

• Hi @likipe,

I am not quite sure I follow you.

So you have a File field that is repeated using the Repeater. When you populate the data in the post, it does not show when you edit it again?

• Hi,

yes, that’s correct. I have a File field that is repeated using the Repeater. When I upload files using that field, it does not show when I edit the post again.

• Hi @likipe,

This might be a bug. If you wouldn’t mind, I’d like to get some more information from you:

What version of ACF and WP are you using?

Is there any other fields attached to the post (within, or outside the repeater field in question), and do they appear when editing?

Cheers

• Hi @likipe

Are you able to take a screencast of the issue? This would help us diagnose where the issue is coming from.

Also, can you you try other combinations of sub fields? Is it only the file field which does not save?

Thanks
    E

• Hi @elliot,

I tried your suggestion and added another simple text field to the repeater. After that the repeater field shows when editing the post, I then removed the text field and the repeater with File field still shows now. So I guess the problem is solved now and perhaps it was because the custom field layout didn’t saved properly in the db?

• Hi @likipe

Thanks for the follow up. Without seeing the before and after, I’m still not exactly sure what was going wrong. But if the issue has resolved itself, yes, lets hope it was a DB error and the problem is now solved!

Thanks
    E

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Repeater fields with File field don't show in edit page’ is closed to new replies.