I am using a repeater field to display 3 repeating fields: 2 text lines and one page link. First, the page link stopped saving the entry – it would go back to undefined after you saved the page. I deleted it and renamed it and it seems to work now. But now, another field (plain text field) just started doing the same thing. I have so much already entered into these fields i REALLY don’t want to delete and have to start all over again – it is around 70 fields x 6 different taxonomy pages I am using them on.
Do you have any idea what might be causing this? I upgraded to the newest version but it is still happening.
Need moar info! Does it work properly in a different browser? What browser(s) are you using, and do any of them show errors in the debug / dev tools consoles? (tip: F12 to open tools, usually)
Next step in troubleshooting might be to change your theme to one of the defaults (Twentyeleven, twentytwelve, etc) and see if the fields work properly then. If they’re still broken, disable all plugins (except for ACF of course) and test it again! Hopefully somewhere in there you can narrow down the source of the problem.
@elliot thanks so much for looking into this.. I’m not sure when it started, but this is the first time it’s happened.
Unfortunately the update still hasn’t fixed the issue.
It makes me feel like something happened after an update, because half of the entries in there are just fine – and I can update and save the text in that field just fine, even add new ones above them. Those may have existed before the update. But editing any of the ones below line 11, it doesnt save the text in that field. 10 seems to be the cutoff point. I can add ABOVE #10, but then when it pushes 10 to 11, the text in 11’s field now becomes blank. Anything beyond 10, just for that field, is blank.
Any ideas?? Thanks for your help.
I’m sorry, but I didn’t get any error messages to tell me it was a memory issue. I thought it would be something simple, stopping at a flat number like 10, but apparently it was arbitrary if @evalds.urtans is experiencing the same thing at 23.
I ended up deleting the field and starting over completely – this one works fine, I am able to add as many as I want. I’m just worried it’s going to happen again, I’ll let you know if anything else weird starts happening. 🙂
If I delete whole post and start over again I can add more, but it brakes all of the time for me – I have at least 4 damaged posts like this.
Where can I find latest version from git?
elliot, maybe you have idea where should I search in code to fix or diagnose it? I am using multiple nested repeaters together with some flexible field types
Thank you very much, after changing htaccess like this:
php_value max_input_nesting_level 128
php_value max_input_time 300
php_value max_input_vars 3000
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value post_max_size 32M
it worked. It might be overkill, but I was not sure which one of these were at fault
I know this issue is marked as solved but I seem to be having a similar (maybe the same) problem and I thought I’d start here.
I have a page (used as home/front-page) with 2 repeater fields. Everything seemed to be working OK until I entered data into the fields of the second repeater. Now the values of the fields appear to be permanently saved to the database and I’m unable to add or edit any values at all. I can only update them directly in the database through phpMyAdmin (or the like). I’ve tried to implement the php.ini/php_value values and that didn’t solve the issue. The only one I wasn’t sure how to get working (and confirm it) was the max_input_vars.
FYI: Currently the site is running on MAMP
Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. Viva la ACF!
Have the same problem. Or nearly the same.. don’t know. Nightly build of ACF, WordPress .6 and I can’t sometimes update some fields. But it’s very strange. I configured an option site with many repeaters, repeaters IN repeaters and some normal input fields.
So.. first I had problems with some fields (in the middle of all content). After some variable-updates (no shopware installed..) it works fine. But now one of the last input fields doesn’t update. I updated the variable-names, deleted the field … nothing works.
Now I added a test-field and this one works! … it’s so strange.
If something strange happen, like this one, always check httpd errors first.
I got a similar problem in acf field creation area.
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://local.dev/wp-admin/post.php?post=728&action=edit
Yep, error tells you what to do. Just increase max_input_vars value in your php.ini. I see my local installation dont even have this value but you can just add it to php.ini and restart server. It will work 🙂
Some discussion on this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10303714/php-max-input-vars
I would like to chime in.
After YEARS of having this issue I finally found this thread.
For me it was 39 fields, meaning ACF didn’t count past 38.
The only way I could fix this was by manually changing values in the custom fields column.
By adding the line
php_value max_input_vars 3000
to my .htaccess I was able to correct this.
Thank you for sharing this.
The topic ‘Repeater field values disappearing’ is closed to new replies.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!
© 2022 Advanced Custom Fields.