Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Repeater field only allowing access to 5 sub-fields?

Solving

Repeater field only allowing access to 5 sub-fields?

• Hey there, I’ve got a repeater field with 6 sub-fields. For whatever reason, I’m not able to access any sub-fields beyond the the 5th.

For example, if I have 6 sub-fields stored, when I use var_dump to view the array, only 5 sub-fields appear.

I’ve never come across this before — any ideas what it might be?

• Are the values being saved to the 6th field when you save the post?

Is the 6th field a conditional field?

• Yeah, everything appears to save as it normally would.

What’s weird though is that if I rearrange the order of the sub-fields in the ACF admin, I lose access to whatever is in the 6th position.

(It doesn’t matter what kind of field is in the 6th position, I don’t have access to it)

• Can you export the field group put it in a .zip file and attach it so that I can take a look at it. Honestly I don’t know what could be causing this.

• Yeah, it’s super strange. I’ve been using ACF for a number of years and have never come across it.

The repeater fields begins at line 147
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2280055/acf-export-2016-05-15.json.zip

• So, some bad news. I imported your field group and it’s working fine for me.

Do you have any other plugins running? Try disabling them and see if that clears up the problem.

What theme are you using? Maybe there’s a filter in the theme that’s causing the problem. You could try another theme.

If you can narrow it down to what’s causing the issue then we can go from there.

• It’s a custom theme developed by another agency. I’ll test that stuff and see what I can come up with. Thanks, John.

• I’d look for any acf/load_field or acf/load_value filters to start with

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Repeater field only allowing access to 5 sub-fields?’ is closed to new replies.