Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Repeater Field New Entries Not Saved

Solving

Repeater Field New Entries Not Saved

• Hi,

I have a custom post type called guest.

I want guests to have many performances, where each performance has a title and a description.

In the field group for my guests, I created a Performances repeater field, which contains two fields:

• Title :text, :required
    • Description :wysisyg, :required

Performances is required and has a minimum-rows = 1.

The form controls are generated properly and I can add data to my guest.

However, after saving, no data is stored in the database (I checked the wp_post_meta table to make sure).

How can I fix this?

Thanks

• Hi @dec

It’s possible that you have an issue with the max_vars variable. To fix it, kindly check this page: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/limit-number-fields/.

If that doesn’t work, it’s also possible that there’s a conflict on your site. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Sixteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

If still no joy, could you please check the error log on your server. The error log usually has more information regarding that issue. If you don’t know where to find it, kindly get in touch with your hosting provider.

Also, could you please share the JSON export file of your field group so I can test it out on my installation?

Thanks 🙂

• Hi @acf-support,

setting max_input_vars to 3000 did not help.

I’ve attached the export (you’ll find another required field, performance_date, which is instead saved properly).

I’m about to switch to twenty-sixteen and disable the plugins.

I’ll keep you posted.

Thank you!

• Hi @acf-support ,

On my local machine, I switched theme to twenty-sixteen.
    Still it did not work.

Disabling all plugins got the repeater field to work.

Then I began reactivating plugins one by one to identify the culprit, but it kept working even after all plugins were active.

I therefore went back to my original theme and it still works like a charm.

The thing is that such a “solution” is not reliable and I don’t want to apply it in production.

Regarding the logs, there is nothing to look at: there is no error, the post is updated and the page is refreshed properly.
    However, no performances are added.

Validation passes and the variables are sent in the POST request.

max_input_vars is at 3000 and the POST request contains less than 250.

• Hi @dec

I just want to make sure, is the issue solved now?

Yeah, it seems not reliable, but sometimes that’s because certain plugins maintain cache on your site that creates a temporary issue. It seems deactivating and activating that plugin clears the cache and fix the issue.

I’m not sure if it will be happening again in the future or not, but when the issue occurs, you can try deactivating the plugins one by one to see which one is the culprit.

I hope this makes sense 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Repeater Field New Entries Not Saved’ is closed to new replies.