Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Repeater field and link list

Solved

Repeater field and link list

• Hello, I’m new to PHP and I’m currently racking my brain over following problem:

I created a repeater field with the sub fields linktext, url and language. I want the output as an inline list with separators if there are values. The ‘if’ is not a problem anymore, but the output of the list with separators is.

Currently I have this code:

<p><?php
    	$links = get_field('ti_links');
    	if($links) {	
    		foreach($links as $link)
    		{
    			echo '<a href="' . $link['url'] . '">' . $link['linktext'] . '</a>' . '(' . $link['linksprache'] . ')';
    		}
    	}
    	 ?></p>

I aim for following output:

Links: Link1 | Link2 | Link3 | etc.

Thanks for any input!

• Hi @ckaden

To understand what is wrong with your code, it is recommended to debug it line by line to check whether it is returning the expected data. Please take a look at the debugging tutorial on this page: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/debug/

• Hello James,

thanks for your reply.

It’s not about debugging, the code snippet already works. I just don’t get how to achieve the output I mentioned as the aim – it’s more a styling problem with the separators. I googled a lot but for some reason, I don’t get the hang of it. I was hoping for some input from an experienced coder, I’m not even sure if my approach with foreach makes sense here.

• Ok, I’m pretty stucked. I’ll explain one more time what I want to achieve.

I want to build a list of links in one line with a separator like this:
    “Links: Link1 | Link2 | Link3 | LinkX…”

I have a repeater field called ti_links with three subfields url, linktext and linksprache.

For each link, I want to echo this:
    <a href="$url">$linktext</a> ($linksprache)

I’ve built a new code snippet with the check have_rows and a while loop, but I’m to embarrassed to show it here. At least it doesn’t produce errors but simply prints the values, nothing else. What I don’t get is how to put the subfields into an array and implode it for the output with separator.

• This is what I was looking for, found the corresponding snippet after long google sessions:

<?php
    	$linklist = array();
    	$links = get_field('ti_links');
    	if($links) {
    		foreach($links as $link) {
    			$linklist[] = '<a href="' . $link['url'] . '">' . $link['linktext'] . '</a>' . ' (' . $link['linksprache'] . ')';
    		}
    		echo implode(" | ", $linklist);
    	}
    	 ?>

I just didn’t know how to apply the implode, that was all. Still not sure why this magic works, but it works.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Repeater field and link list’ is closed to new replies.