Support

Account

Home Forums Feature Requests Remove Taxonomy Metabox

Solved

Remove Taxonomy Metabox

• So, I created a custom taxonomy for a custom post-type and I embedded that taxonomy into the Fields form. However, while I can remove the standard Categories taxonomy metabox in the options at the bottom of the from, there isn’t away to remove a custom taxonomy metabox.

When you add a custom taxonomy into a form, it would be nice to have an option for removing the associated metabox from the edit page.

• Thanks for the suggestion, I will flag this post for the developer to look at.

I think I know what you’re looking for, to add custom taxonomies to the “Hide on screen” section? Currently that’s just a generic list, you’ll notice that all the same options appear no matter where the group is being attached to or if that edit screen even has those options. I don’t know if the developer will want to expand this to non-standard WP things.

• No, when you select “Taxonomy” as the field type, there should be an option to “hide associated metabox”.

So, if I add the custom taxonomy “purple-flurp” to my form, there would be a checkbox in the field options for “Hide associated taxonomy metabox”. If checked, then the metabox I added to my form would not be shown in the edit sidebar.

• Hi @dnavarrojr

Thanks for the idea. I like it, but don’t want to bloat the UI with extra settings at the moment.

Please use the acf/input/admin_head action to add some extra CSS to your page and hide the metabox for now.
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acfinputadmin_head/

• Hi @dnavarrojr

I simply add this wordpress action to functions.php:

function my_remove_meta_boxes() {
        remove_meta_box( 'branchdiv', 'workshop', 'side' );
        remove_meta_box( 'tagsdiv-workshop_person', 'workshop', 'side' );
        // etc..
    }
    add_action( 'admin_menu' , 'my_remove_meta_boxes' );

branchdiv is DOM id of meta box (just browse DOM)
    workshop id my custom post type name (can by post, page etc…)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Remove Taxonomy Metabox’ is closed to new replies.