Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Remove paragraph tags

Solved

Remove paragraph tags

• When using the WYSIWYG and displaying with the_field(‘tab_1_text_area’); I get the paragraph breaks on the front end.

Also an image inserted into the WYSIWYG only shows the code and not the image.

Perhaps I’m to use something other then: the_field(‘tab_1_text_area’); to display this content?

And I found the issue may be related to the TinyMCE Advanced plugin I’m using. If I uncheck “Stop removing <p> adn <br/> tags when saving and show them in the HTML editor.” Then the Paragraph breaks go away. But image does not show.

Here is url: http://www.whatcomcf.org/wp/
    Look under the red bar that says: “Four Ways to Make Your Impact”. Below the “First Title” tab.
    http://highwaters.net/files/acf.jpg

Thanks.

• Hi @ottomek

Looks like your HTML is being character escaped.

You mentioned you have a WYSIYWG plugin? Which one?
    Can you also explain why do you think it effects the issue?

Thanks
    E

• The WYSIYWG is the ACF WYSIYWG editor field.

I’m using the the_field to show what was entered in this field. Am I suppose to use a different function or alter my exported php to make the p tags not show up. And to make the image display?

Thanks,

• Hi @ottomek

Using the_field function is correct. The issue is most likely what you mentioned:

“And I found the issue may be related to the TinyMCE Advanced plugin I’m using. If I uncheck “Stop removing

adn
    tags when saving and show them in the HTML editor.” Then the Paragraph breaks go away. But image does not show.”

Can you talk more about thie TinyMCE Advanced plugin setting? What happens if you simple de-activate this plugin?

Thanks
    E

• Well it’s fixed somehow. I turned disabled the TinyMCE Advanced Plugin, saved the ACF page and fields and text displays correctly without showing the P tags.

I turned TinyMCE Advanced plugin back on and everything seems to still be working. Evan after many saves and updates of ACF field forms.

I even have the “stop removing p & br tags” checked in TinyMCE Advanced and it all seems good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Remove paragraph tags’ is closed to new replies.