Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Remove Custom Post Type from URL

Unread

Remove Custom Post Type from URL

• I have been trying to figure out how to remove the custom post type I created with ACF from my URL. I want it to be mysite.org/post, not mysite.org/posttype/post. I could not see how to do that in the Advanced Settings (an empty URL Slug for a Custom Permalink does not remove it). I found some PHP that seems to be a work around, but here is my real problem.

When I originally designed this site I was very new to it all, and I lumped a variety of things under the provided Posts post type – blog posts, speakers, authors, etc. I have since learned about creating custom post types and have decided to separate things out better.

So I have created a new post type called Speakers and have everything all set up to go for them, but I can’t seem to get my URL in this new post type to match the URL under Posts. Even when I did get the posttype removed from the URL my site still goes to the old post, not the new one. If I delete the old posts I get 404 error. I won’t find my new post. I could create redirects, but that seems like overkill to a problem that should work. Plus I would have to create that for any new speakers.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.