Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues relationship filter – query by page-template?

Solved

relationship filter – query by page-template?

• hello,
    i want to show only pages in my relationship field in backend that have a special template (“page-fach.php”). this is what i tried so far:

// relationship field "Fächer"
    	// the key of the field "Fächer"
    	add_filter('acf/fields/relationship/query/key=field_5593ec53f0a0c', 'my_relationship_query', 10, 3);
    	function my_relationship_query( $args, $field, $post )
    	{
    	    // show only pages with this special template
    	    $args['meta_query'] = array(
    	    	array(
    		    	'key' => '_wp_page_template',
    		        'value' => 'page-fach.php',
    	    		'compare' => '!='
        		)
    	    );
    	    return $args;
    	}

but nothin happens, any idea what i am doing wrong?

maybe this helps to understand what i want to do – i want to show only pages here with the template “page-fach.php”.
    snake!

• If you want to match that template shouldn’t the compare value be =

compare' => '='

• ah yes you’re right i was just trying everything like a monkey. when i write “=” i get “(no title())”

• Are your templates in a sub folder of the theme? You’ll need to look at the actual value saved. For example on 2014 the value of the template setting is something like page-templates/full-width.php

• hello john,
    the template is in the theme folder like

wp-content/themes/mytheme/page-fach.php

not in a subfolder, it’s on the same level as the functions.php. i am making this theme from scratch.

maybe “_wp_page_template” doesn’t work with newer version sof wordpress? other arguments like e.g. “page_id” are working.

• Have you tried something like

add_filter('acf/fields/relationship/query/key=field_5593ec53f0a0c', 'my_relationship_query', 10, 3);
    	function my_relationship_query( $args, $field, $post )
    	{
    	    $args['meta_key'] = '_wp_page_template';
    	    $args['meta_value'] = 'page-fach.php';
    	    return $args;
    	}

• when i use this code it’s the same result.

• I don’t understand why, but it appears that you must supply a 'relation' value. Try this

function my_relationship_query($args, $field, $post) {
        $args['meta_query'] = array(
            'relation' => 'AND',
            array(
                'key' => '_wp_page_template',
                'value' => 'page-fach.php',
                'compare' => '='
            )
        );
        return $args;
    }

• After some more testing, it appears that I was wrong. The relation did not make any difference. The field worked perfectly when there was only one post returned by the query but it there are 2 or more matching posts then for some reason it fails. I am extremely confused now.

• OK, I have figure out why this is failing.

If the post type is a hierarchical post type and your filter removes a parent post from the list of posts, for some reason this causes ACF have a problem. There is some type of error or something happening in the function acf_get_grouped_posts()

I would say that this is a bug, If you want I can give you a hack that will make it work but you’ll need to modify one of the ACF files. I will make the developer aware of this problem.

• okay, awesome that you found this out! a hack would really help me! and thanks for informing the developer, i hope this problem can be fixed.

• I can’t be sure this is the correct fix, the developer may do something different.

Change line 1463 of api/api-helpers.php to

if (is_post_type_hierarchical($post_type) && empty($args['s']) && empty($args['meta_query'])) {

• in my case it is line 1518 and yes, this works – awesome. would be really nice if this could be fixed in a future release! thanks a lot john you are awesome!

• This reply has been marked as private.
  • Did the dev ever fix this issue, or is there an official workaround besides modifying the plugin core?

• This was fixed, it is working now 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘relationship filter – query by page-template?’ is closed to new replies.