Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Relationship field query customization

Solving

Relationship field query customization

• Hi. I need some help with the relationship field filter. I have created a field group that I want to display as a front-end form. One of the fields in that group is a relationship field named ‘production_event_recurring_link’. It will query and display all custom posts with the post type ‘production-recurring’. But since this is a front end form, I only want the user to select from the posts in that custom post type that they posted. Therefore, I’m not filtering based on meta, but simply post_author. Can someone help me modify the $args array (if it even is an array) to accomplish this, and confirm that I am using the correct field name in the filter based on the info above? Much appreciated!

<?php

function my_acf_result_query( $args, $field, $post )
    {
        // eg from https://codex.wordpress.org/Class_Reference/WP_Query#Custom_Field_Parameters
        $args['meta_query'] = array(
            array(
                'key' => 'color',
                'value' => 'blue',
                'compare' => 'NOT LIKE'
            )
        );

return $args;
    }

// acf/fields/relationship/result/name={$field_name} - filter for a specific field based on it's name
    add_filter('acf/fields/relationship/query/name=production_event_recurring_link', 'my_acf_result_query', 10, 3);
  • I did something very similar recently. The code below basically queries the field ‘events’ for a list of events the user is associated with then adds the list to an array to use with the ‘include’ argument in the wp_query. Hope this snippet points you in the right direction

function my_post_object_results_for_specific_user( $args, $field, $post )
    {

global $current_user, $wp_roles; get_currentuserinfo();

$user_id = $current_user->ID;

$events = get_field('events', 'user_'.$user_id );

$event_info = array();

foreach( $events as $event){

$event_info[] = $event->ID;

}

$args['include'] = $event_info;

return $args;
    }
  • PS. You can get the post author from the $post object in the function I’m sure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Relationship field query customization’ is closed to new replies.