Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Relationship Field not displaying data

Solved

Relationship Field not displaying data

• I just upgraded to ACF to 4.2.1, and now the Relationship Fields that I had been using show no data. The data is in the database, but it is not showing up on either the admin screen for the post, nor the the public-facing page.

I reverted to an older version of ACF from another site (back to version 4.1.8.1), and now the admin side and my public pages work fine.

On the admin page for a post, I could see the left side of the panel for the Relationship Field, but nothing showed up on right side. And I could not add anything to the right side.

(BTW, I also upgraded to WP 3.6 at the same time, so maybe there’s something rotten in Denmark with WP 3.6 and Relationship Fields in ACF 4.2.1.)

My site (now working with the older version of the plugin) is here:
    http://andersenhomedepot.com/series/200-series-windows-doors/ — then click to a colors & options tab on this page. Each thumbnail is it’s own post (custom post type), and is related via ACF’s Relationship Field.

Any thoughts?

• I have this same issue on a client site. Completely broke a feature I built for them months ago that relied on the relationship field returning a post object.

Just rolled back to 4.2.0 and everything works fine again.

• Confirmed that 4.2.0 works. Just tried that, and it works fine. So I took a look at the changelog, and it says “Relationship Field: Add new option for return_format”. So I played around with that option on the admin screen, thinking that maybe I just needed to re-save the field type. No joy.

• @ciceron Hah, I did the same thing trying to fix it 🙂

• Hi guys.

I’m 99% sure that the issue is due to ACF not loading the selected values based on an issue with the post_type parameter to the WP_Query function

Your data will only be lost if you update a page which had selections on it. I will fix a fix for this today.

Thanks
    E

• Thanks Elliot. I’m really impressed by ACF. Keep up the great work!

• Awesome. Thanks a bunch.

• Hey guys.

Last night I pushed a fix to github. Please download and report back if the problem is fixed.

Cheers
    E

• I downloaded and installed the latest “acf-master” from Github. Works fine for me now. Admin fields work properly, and the public display pages are showing the relationships, too.

Thanks Elliot!

(P.S. I’ve only installed this on a development copy of the site, not on the live site yet. I’ll wait for the official dot-release.)

• I haven’t had a chance to test it yet (noisy clients). But Ciceron seems like a pretty smart guy. I’d go with his assessment. 🙂

• Aw shucks, Joel. I’m blushing. 🙂

• Hey guys.

ACF v4.2.2 fixes the issue.

Thanks again for your quick bug reporting!

Cheers
    E

• After a year I have suddenly the same isse with version 4.3.8.

When I add a item to the relations shows up with the correct post_type but when I save the post, the post type changes to the (wrong) post_type of the current post I’m editing (see attachment).

In frontend the get_field() shows results only if I set the option “return post IDs” and not if I set “return post Objects”.

• Hello,

thanks for the code, that is really help me a lot, but still i got a issue in this code, when i add relationship field from admin side then if i select in the only 2 Post From My CPT , then still it displayed all. i just want display only which is i selected from admin side

please help me if you can????

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Relationship Field not displaying data’ is closed to new replies.