Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Relationship field and subpages

Solving

Relationship field and subpages

• Hi, I have a little problem.
    I’ve created a relationship between articles e pages. Is there a way to show only the children of a parent page?

I’ve tried this solution:

add_filter('acf/fields/relationship/query/name=autore', 'my_function_name', 10, 3);
    function my_function_name($args, $field, $post)
    {
        $args['post_parent'] = 47;
        return $args;
    }

The problem is that when the article page loads for the first time, i don’t get the list of sub pages, but if i do a research the results are right.

Anyone could help me?

• Trying to do the same thing, showing only child pages of a parent in a relationship field. Other query args I tried work fine, but setting post_parent shows only a “(no title) ()” in the list, though the child pages do show when I use the search field.

Also, several of these errors logged each time the page with the field loads:
    PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /Users/.../wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/api/api-helpers.php on line 1709

Seems like a bug.

• Just want to add that I’ve been looking for a way to do this for a long time myself. Would be great if something for this was implemented.

• Huzzah!

Appears ACF Pro version 5.1.6 fixed this issue. At least in my use case.

Cheers developer.

• Weasel, I don’t see anything in 5.16 that does this. What am I missing? Seems to work exactly as it use to.

• The part that works for me from the release notes is:

Core: Fixed bug when adding ‘post_parent’ value to post_object/relationship query args

It’s not a front-end admin feature. You need to use a filter in your functions to alter the query:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-fields-relationship-query/

• Ah makes sense. Sorry, was assuming it was added to the admin interface to do it. Great to know it can now be done through a filter though!

• I trie to make multiple pages childs in a relation field… but I’m getting (no title) () as a result in de acf relation field.

function my_relationship_query($args,$field,$post)
    {
    // This works fine to get the childs of one page with id 225
    // $args[‘post_parent’] = 225;

// I’ve tried to get childs of multiple pages 225 and 83263 this doesn’t work (no title) ()
    // $args = array(‘post_type’ => ‘page’, ‘post_parent’ => array(225));
    // $args = array(‘post_type’ => ‘page’, ‘post_parent__in’ => array(225, 83263));
    return $args;
    }

Is this a bug?

• since the problem with post_parent was a bug there is a chance that post_parent__in has a similar problem. Can you turn on error reporting on your site and post back any error messages that you get?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Relationship field and subpages’ is closed to new replies.