Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Relationship data not saving for custom post type

Helping

Relationship data not saving for custom post type

• Hi There

I’ve checked out the other threads about relationship data not saving after the last WP 4.5 update but I’m having problems with a relationship specific to a custom post type ‘projects’ on one page only.

I am able to select ‘projects’ post type for the relationship ‘projects’ in the dashboard but when updating the page the list is empty and the meta_vale in the db is empty.

I have other relationships on the page with other custom post types and these all work fine.

I have other pages that use the ‘projects’ post type in other relationships ‘projects’ and they save fine too.

I have tried removing the relationship from the current custom field and adding a separate custom field with the ‘projects’ relationship to the page and it still will not save.

It seems related to the page – front page and the my post type ‘projects’

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

• Hi @floatingpoint

Could you please clarify that you updated the field from the backend or front end (using the acf_form() function).

Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue. This will make sure that no custom function prevents the saving process.

It’s also possible that you have reached the max_vars value of your server. Please check this page to learn more about it: https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/limit-number-fields/.

If the issue persists, could you please open a new ticket here: https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket? Please explain the issue again or provide the links to this thread. Also, please provide temporary admin credentials to your site in the ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Relationship data not saving for custom post type’ is closed to new replies.