Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Relationship Attachment Usage

Solved

Relationship Attachment Usage

• Hello, I wanted to see if there was a way to use the Relationship Field with the Post Type set to Attachment and be able to view a thumbnail of the image to select from since some images may have the same Title.
    The Image Field Type is fantastic, but since you have to create a new one for every image, it’s less optimal if you need to be able to connect over 10 images to a Post. This would also work well if every time you added an image, there would be a button “add another image”.

Thank you.
    -Thomas

• Hi @jaypeg

Yes, you can use the relationship field in this way. Does that answer your query?

Perhaps you would be interested in using the repeater field + image sub field instead?

Thanks
    E

• Elliot,
    Thanks for the quick response. I’m still not clear on how the Relationship Field could be used with Attachments (images) with the ability to see a thumbnail of the image you are selecting. If there is a way, I’d be interested in knowing.

The good news is that I somehow missed the Repeater Field Add-On with the Image Sub Field, and that does look like it would work well for my needs.

I was going to mark this as solved, but just curious about the first part of it if possible. It that part isn’t doable, just LMK and I can call it solved.

Thanks!
    -Thomas

• Hi @jaypeg

To use the relationship field, just create a relationship field, set the post_type setting to ‘attachment’ and toggle the ‘thumbnail’ element setting.

Now your relationship field will show all attachments with a thumbnail!

This is good for selecting images, but it won’t allow you to upload any via the relationship interface

Thanks
    E

• Elliot,
    Interesting. I don’t see a “Thumbnail” listed in the Element area. I only see “Featured Image”, “Post Title”, & “Post Type”. That’s okay though. I like the Repeater Field Add-On option since you can upload & edit photo’s using that method.

Thank you for all of your help.

• Hi @jaypeg

Thanks for the follow up. Your right! Sorry, I forgot that the setting is for featured image.

perhaps I need to take this into consideration with the attachments and return the thumbnail instead.

Can you test it with the Featured Image setting? Does it return a preview of the attachment?

Thanks
    E

• Elliot,
    Thanks again for the follow-up. I actually did try it with the Featured Image and wasn’t able to get that to display anything. There is a small, empty box to the left of the name, where it looks like an image might go, but it’s empty.

Thank you again.

All the best,
    -Thomas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Relationship Attachment Usage’ is closed to new replies.