Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Relationship – Add selected to the top

Solved

Relationship – Add selected to the top

• Pickles

• March 26, 2020 at 10:23 am

Okay bit of a strange one but I have someone asking whether it would be possible to reverse the order when adding relationship items in admin.

Currently by default when you add a new item in the relationship field it adds it to the bottom, below all the other selected items in the field.

What I would like to do is have new items added to the top.

Here is a quick screenshot to try and explain what i’m trying to do http://prntscr.com/rmug2p

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this 🙂

• There’s really no simple way of doing this. In the ACF core javascript, the new element is appended to the list, and I don’t really see a way of hooking into that easily. If this is a client’s request, the short answer is no. The long answer is yes, but it’ll cost them some $$$.

Basically you’d need to hijack what is natively done and things can get sticky from there. Or…. you can jump into the ACF core javascript files and change this: this.$list('values').append( html ) to this.$list('values').prepend( html ). But of course, that’ll only last until they update ACF, which is horrible idea.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.