Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Register color picker via PHP

Solved

Register color picker via PHP

• Hello,

The page Register fields via PHP is a huge resource for me. However, I wonder if it is regularly updated. I cannot field the color picker field, for instance. Now I have to create a color picker field in the GUI, publish it, export the field and interpret the generated PHP code. It would be nice to have some documentation here.

Kind regards,

Tim Havinga
    Web developer at Vevida

• Hi @timhavinga

Thanks a bundle for the post.

Unfortunately, its not quite clear on how you are implementing the field for it not to work.

Kindly share with us more details on our setup so that I may be able to test it out on my end as well.

Hope to hear from you soon.

• Hello James,

I want to register custom fields using the acf_add_local_field_group()-function. When I want to add a new field, I go to the Register fields via PHP page and view the documentation on the settings for the field that I want. However, for some fields there is no documentation. I believe the newly added custom fields, such as the color picker, are missing from this page.

Example use case (current situation):
    I can see that the color picker has a default value, but I have no idea which settings key to use. So now I have to create a new color picker field in the GUI, publish it, export it to PHP en see in the resulting code which settings key is used for the default color value.

I would love it if this and other newly added custom fields were documented in the above mentioned page.

Kind regards,

Tim Havinga
    Web developer at Vevida

• Hi @timhavinga

Thanks for the feedback!

Please create a new support ticket via https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/ and create a documentation improvement request so that this can get to the developer!

• Okay, I will do that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Register color picker via PHP’ is closed to new replies.