Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Flexible Content Field Random Flexible Content Field Results Ordering

Solved

Random Flexible Content Field Results Ordering

• Hi,

I’m trying to ‘shuffle’ the results in the flexible content field so that they appear in a random order. I know this is possible with the repeater using a foreach loop (http://support.advancedcustomfields.com/forums/topic/random-repeater/), however I’ve not been able to get the flexible content field to display results with a foreach correctly (I’m not sure where I’m going wrong!).

I’m getting the results for the current flexible content field using the below:

<?php if(get_field("slideshow")): ?>

<div>    

<?php while(has_sub_field("slideshow")): ?>

<?php if(get_row_layout() == "image"): ?>

<!-- Image Layout Script -->

<?php elseif(get_row_layout() == "youtube"): ?>

<!-- YouTube Layout Script -->

<?php elseif(get_row_layout() == "vimeo"): ?>

<!-- Vimeo Layout Script -->

<?php endif; ?>

<?php endwhile; ?>

</div>

<?php endif; ?>

Is there any options for ordering the FCF using the get_field method? Or is there a way of using a foreach more effectively for a flexible content field?

Thanks in advance!!
    Steve

• Hi @Steve

You will need to use a foreach loop to iterate over the flexible content layouts.
    The code will look much the same as the repeater fiedl example, exept you will need to look at the ‘acf_fc_layout’ value instead of get_row_layout().

When you loop through the rows, just print_r the $row to see what data is a available to you

Thanks
    E

• Thanks Elliot, that’s a great help. I’ll have a look at this and get back to you with my results!

Cheers,
    Steve

• I used this code for sort my flexible content. Basic is the same code for repeater.

<?php
        $acontecimentos = get_field('acontecimentos');
        $date = [];

//Reorder
        foreach($acontecimentos as $key => $row) {
            $date[$key] = $row['data'];
        }

array_multisort($date, SORT_ASC, $acontecimentos);

foreach($acontecimentos as $row) {
            if($row['acf_fc_layout'] == 'galeria'):
                //code
            endif;
        }
    ?>

After array_multisort you can use shuffle http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.shuffle.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Random Flexible Content Field Results Ordering’ is closed to new replies.