Support

Account

Home Forums Feedback Radio or checkbox field choices with custom field values of custom taxonomies

Solving

Radio or checkbox field choices with custom field values of custom taxonomies

• Hi all,

I have a basic although IMO useful application for which I need your help.
    The idea is the following: To allow custom fields of custom taxonomies to be used as choices of radio or checkboxes input custom fields (for use in CPT for example)..

In my specific case, I have a custom post type’s custom field with radio input for which choices are taken from a custom taxonomy. Hence names of taxonomy terms are displayed as choices.

But these terms also have an image custom field. And I would like these images to be displayed instead of term names. How? Is there any filter hook that could help to modify the input server-side?

For the moment, my solution is to use the acf/input/form_data action hook and retrieve taxonomy terms images and ids and to put them into hidden input fields. Then with JavaScript I switch radio button initial labels (term names) with the new ones (term images).

It is working well but I would love to know whether it can be done completely sever-side with ACF.

• Hi @terraconnect,

Thanks for the post.

I am sorry but this has not yet been implemented in the plugin but hopefully this will make it to the plugin sometime soon.

A feature request on this has been submitted to the plugin author.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Radio or checkbox field choices with custom field values of custom taxonomies’ is closed to new replies.