Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Question about translating checkboxes

Solved

Question about translating checkboxes

• I just want to be sure I follow the right path in translating checkboxes.

Am I correct to understand the proper notation is value : label where the value stays the same across translations ?

So for English I would have
    red : Red
    white : White
    blue : Blue

Which in Dutch would be
    red : Rood
    white : Wit
    blue : Blauw

If not, what is the proper way ?

• Hi @beee

Yes, you are correct. Do you have any issues with it? If you have, could you please explain it?

Thanks 🙂

• No I don’t have any issues (yet)… I started building my site in my native language (Dutch) when I realised I needed to have it in English anyway so I wanted to base it of of English, so had to redo everything 🙂

Which is not a prob since it’s not online yet. Just didn’t wanna do work and then find out it’s wrong.

• Hi @beee

Thanks for the clarification.

Okay you seem to be on the right track 🙂

• I did notice the following…

I entered a bunch of labels : values
    For some the label is the same as the value.
    After saving the option where the label was equal to the value was shown as a single value in the field groups settings.

Is that something which is done automatically ?
    Never noticed this…

• Hi @beee

ACF allows you to enter the choices as a single value instead of in “value : label” format. With the single value format, the label will be the same as the value; and setting it to “value : label” format is redundant. That’s why ACF removes the label.

As a workaround, you can capitalize the label such as “red : Red” so they will be different.

I hope this makes sense 🙂

• it does… thanks…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Question about translating checkboxes’ is closed to new replies.