Support

Account

Home Forums Front-end Issues Querying user connected to a custom post type via relationship field

Solving

Querying user connected to a custom post type via relationship field

• I have set up a custom post type & then custom user roles. When on a particular custom post type page I want to show the users which are connected to the custom post type. I went through the querying relationship fields article (doctors/locations) and based the below on that plus some other snippets however, no matter what custom post you go to it shows all users. Here’s what I have now:

$args = array(
    ‘role’ => ‘Attorneys’,
    ‘key’ => ‘service_areas’, // name of custom field
    ‘value’ => ‘”‘ . $post->ID . ‘”‘, // matches exactly “123”, not just 123. This prevents a match for “1234”
    ‘compare’ => ‘LIKE’
    );

// The User Query
    $user_query = new WP_User_Query( $args );
    // The User Loop
    if ( ! empty( $user_query->results ) ) { ?>
    <h2>Attorneys</h2>
    <?php foreach ( $user_query->results as $user ) {
    echo ‘user_nicename ) .'”>’. esc_attr( $user->display_name ) .’<br>’;
    }
    } else {
    echo ‘nope’;
    }
    ?>

I thought I had it all set up until this morning when I added some more of the custom post types & the users were still showing even through they weren’t assigned to the particular post type in question. Any guidance would be appreciated.

• 
    $args = array(
      'role' => 'Attorneys',
      'meta_query' => array(
        array(
          'key' => 'service_areas', // name of custom field
          'value' => '"' . $post->ID . '"', // matches exactly "123", not just 123. This prevents a match for "1234"
          'compare' => 'LIKE'
        )
      )
    );

• Awesome, thank you John. Now that I’m seeing it I should’ve figured it out myself. Another pair of eyes always helps. Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Querying user connected to a custom post type via relationship field’ is closed to new replies.