Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Query with tax and repeater sub field relation

Solving

Query with tax and repeater sub field relation

• Hi,

With the help of forums, videos etc I have been trying to implement this for countless hours, but I seem to be missing something fundamental. I am really hoping for your help.

I have two CPT, Translators and Translations. The Translations have taxonomies for different languages. The Translations have a Repeater field where I access the Translator with a Post-Object field, among other things. The repeater field is because a translation can have several languages.

I have managed (with your help, among other things) to make a list of the translations with the corresponding translators and this works fine.

Now I have to do this the other way round, i.e. a list of translators with the corresponding translations that this translator has made.

I have tried countless variations, most recently with a meta_query and

<?php
    $args = [
    'post_type' => 'translation',
    'meta_query' => array(
    array(
    'key' => 'translator_name',
    'value' => get_the_ID(),
    'compare' => '='
    )
    )
    ];

$translations_by_translators = get_posts( $args );
    ?>

The translator_name field is currently set to return a post object, but it didn’t make any difference whether it was a post ID or post object.

I am aware that I am probably making it too simple with the code above and that the solution looks a bit more complex.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Adriano

• The solution is a lot more complex because your translator name field is in a repeater.

See the section on this page about Sub custom field values

Personally I would find another way

• Thank you very much for your advice! I see that the problem is indeed rather complex and I need to delve into it a bit. If I find a concrete solution, I will be happy to post it here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.