Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Query relationship field inside WP_Query loop

Solving

Query relationship field inside WP_Query loop

• Hi,
    i have a loop for custom post type and i want to get a field from other post connected with relationship but due to that main loop is wp-query i can’t get this field using loops from relationship page documentation with or without setup_postdata.
    Is there a way to make it working?

<?php
    $args = array( 'post_type' => 'producenci', 'posts_per_page' => -1 );
    $loop = new WP_Query( $args );
    while ( $loop->have_posts() ) : $loop->the_post(); 
    ?>
      <div class="producentWrap">
        <div  class="producentImg" <?php if(get_field('image')){
    $attachment_bg = get_field('image');
    $sizebg = "product"; // (thumbnail, medium, large, full or custom size)
    $imagebg = wp_get_attachment_image_src( $attachment_bg, $sizebg );?>style="background-image: url(<?php echo $imagebg[0]; ?>);"<?php }?>> </div>
        <div class="producentTxt">
          <h1>
            <?php the_title(); ?>
          </h1>

<?php 
    $posts = get_field('region');
    if( $posts ): ?>
    	<?php foreach( $posts as $p ): // variable must NOT be called $post (IMPORTANT) ?>
       /<?php the_title(); ?>/
    	<?php endforeach; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php the_content(); ?>
          <?php if(get_field('url')){; ?>
          <a href="http://<?php the_field('url'); ?>" target="_blank"><?php the_field('url'); ?></a>
          <?php }?>
        </div>
      </div>
      <?php endwhile; ?>

thanks
    DR

• I’m assuming you’re talking about this section

$posts = get_field('region');
    if( $posts ): 
      foreach( $posts as $p ): // variable must NOT be called $post (IMPORTANT) ?>
        /<?php echo get_the_title($p->ID); ?>/
        <?php 
      endforeach;
    endif;

• yes, i’ve tried both examples from documentation but i guess they work only in if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); loop

• a relationship field can be set up to return post objects. The field should be returning a list of posts and you can access the values of those posts without have_posts. Each post in the returned array will have, in your case, $p->ID, which is the ID of the post. Using that ID you can get the value of an ACF field or other information about that post without the need of a have_posts() loop.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Query relationship field inside WP_Query loop’ is closed to new replies.