Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Programatically update radio button option

Solving

Programatically update radio button option

• Hi,

So heres my issue, I have a custom post type of Stock and this is using acf to provide some additional fields. These for the most part are working but I cannot get either the radio button or a select to update correctly. Heres What I’m trying to do:
    The acf field is called show_on_homepage and it has its conditions set as Yes and No (also tried with Yes : Yes and No : No)
    In my code I am trying to set this as Yes:
    update_field('show_on_homepage', 'Yes', $post->Id);
    However it doesn’t update the value on the post with the $post->ID.

Am I missing something here? I should point out that other fields like this are working:
    update_field('stock_id', 'CF-97', $post->ID);

As mentioned I also tried with a select and this didn’t work either. Can anyone give examples for both ways (Select or Radio Buttons) please?

thanks

Craig

• What is the field type again?

What are the field settings? choices etc.

• Hi John,

My responses:

What is the field type again? show_on_homepage is a radio button (but also trying to get this to work if it was a select – I assume that the process is the same for both of these).

What are the field settings? choices etc. The choices are Yes and No (I tried also using Yes : Yes and No : No but no different)

• Have you tried using a True/False field? It may be far easier to toggle you the value of 1 or 0

• So it turned out to be an incorrect named field (shown_on_homepage) and everything else was right, case dismissed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.