Support

Account

Home Forums Bug Reports Problems in 5.7.12

Solved

Problems in 5.7.12

• Since moving from 5.7.10 to 5.7.12 we are having several seemingly unrelated breakages.

Installing 5.7.10 or 5.8.0-beta3 fixes all the problems completely.

Problem 1: Some fields don’t seem to get the right return type…Like the image started returning a string of a post ID rather than the full array. Not sure if this is related to the fact that it’s inside a switch_to_blog section or not. The field type is an image field inside an options page. It was setup with PHP.

Problem 2: Layouts inside a FC don’t show their fields, neither in admin nor the frontend. The field inputs literally do not display on the backend, and the field data is blank on the frontend. These fields were also set up via PHP and involve cloning as well.

Question: Should I try to figure out what’s going on here or just wait until the next version comes out?

• I experience your second problem, too. Not on every site though, so I can’t figure out what exactly causes it.

• Also having the second issue, FC fields not displaying at all. Again only on some of our sites, even though the code base’s are basically the same.

• I am also experiencing the second issue on multiple sites. Reverting to 5.7.10 fixes it immediately. I’ve sent in a support ticket just now. Specifically when I have a repeater inside Flexible Content, the functions have_rows() and get_sub_field() return NULL for the repeater. The data IS accessible if I get the FC field with get_field then move through the array. But that takes major rewriting to fix the PHP template files.

• Same issue, also seems random on which site what bug occurs.

• I’m getting this issue (I think), when the sub field name is content (nothing is returned), yet other sub fields are working correctly.

UPDATE
    The sub field being named content is 100% the issue. When I rename it to the_content it works as expected.

Obviously this isn’t ideal as we have hundreds of sub fields saved as content.

• Is it only me or is the export fields broken in 5.7.12?

My fields array is empty:

"fields": []

in both php and json exports. It was in working 5.7.10.

• “I am also experiencing the second issue on multiple sites. Reverting to 5.7.10 fixes it immediately. I’ve sent in a support ticket just now. Specifically when I have a repeater inside Flexible Content, the functions have_rows() and get_sub_field() return NULL for the repeater. The data IS accessible if I get the FC field with get_field then move through the array. But that takes major rewriting to fix the PHP template files.”

Ah, I commented on another post about this issue but this confirms it’s no just me – repeaters inside Flexible Content are just completely broken. I’m using this as a fundamental field group of dozens and dozens of sites so this is a critical issue for me. Thankfully I found it in dev sites first so will hold-off any updates beyond 5.7.10. Seems the latest couple of updates have really caused some problems, highly unusual for ACF.

• I’ve had a response on my support ticket that the issue was found and they implemented a fix on a test site of mine. I confirmed the fix is making things work as expected. They said to expect an official release soon to fix the issue.

• Excellent, many thanks for the update.

• Is there an update? I have broken images as well because the image returning a string of a post ID rather than the full image URL! Can someone tell me where the 5.7.10 version is downloadable?

• 5.7.13 is out, and after some testing, our various issues seem to have been fixed!

• Great! Where can i download it? Please tell me so i can install it

• You can download it via the auto-update.

It does seem to fix the issue I was having with Repeaters inside Flexible Content. Excellent!

• “auto-update”? In WordPress backend there is no new version available. Is there another way to update this great plugin

• Works for me…

• If you still have your original email confirming your PRO license you can also grab it from the download link in that email I believe. I’ve done that a few times before.

• I have the free “Advanced Custom Fields” version and there is no update… Great for you ofcourse. In the free version the problem is also there

• I assumed this thread was about ACF PRO, sorry.

• I don’t think so … The free version also has the problem like the starting topic is about.

“Problem 1: Some fields don’t seem to get the right return type…Like the image started returning a string of a post ID rather than the full array…….”

I handle the same problem with the free version

• What problem are you talking about? The free version doesn’t even have Repeaters or Flexible Content fields does it?

• Ah I see. I’m sure the update will be forthcoming.

• Exactly.. The Free version has also problems after updating to the 5.7.12 version. If i downgrade to 5.7.10 by simple overwrite the core folder in the plugin folder is the data still there? Do you know? Thanks for you help./

• The pro version download history can be found here:
    https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/my-account/ click on “See all versions”

the free version download history can be found here (scroll down and select any version you want (this works for any WordPress hosted plugin)):
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/advanced/

@a
    [email protected] veel geluk

• Hey @mvaneijgen Thanks for your help and links! Untill the problem is solved (hope soon) i will downgrade the version. Nogmaals bedankt

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Problems in 5.7.12’ is closed to new replies.