Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues Problem with function in single.php

Solved

Problem with function in single.php

• Hello guys,

I’m really not a professional coder so excuse any nooby mistakes or words. Will try my best to explain my actual trouble. First here is the code that drives me insane:

function get_my_values($posts) {
    	$total = 0;
    	$count = 0;

foreach($posts as $post)
        {
            if(get_field('faktor'))
            {
                $total += get_field('faktor');
                $count++;
            }
        }
         $Average = $total / $count;
         echo $Average;
    }

This function works perfect in the category view(category.php) but not in the single-view (single.php). In the category.php the system is using all values of the custom-field “faktor” and creates a sum like it should be but in the single.php the system only works with the custom-field value of the single-post.

Actually I think the whole function is straight for the trash but I’m not afraid of learning something new or spending my time with google like the last 5 days :-D. But I’m thankful for any idea to make a step in front.

Thank you in advance!

• Hi @noterepeat

I think all you need to do is make sure that ACF is loading from the correct $post by adding in a second parameter into the get_field function like so:

get_field('faktor', $post->ID)

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    E

• Hello E,

thank you for your quick support! Doesn’t worked for me but after another night with google I found the solution!

$total = 0;
    query_posts('category_name=' . get_option('featured-cat'));
        while (have_posts()) : the_post();
            $total += get_post_meta($post->ID, 'weight', true);
        endwhile;
    echo '<p>'.$total.'</p>';

Did the post-count for creating the final average with a seperate function I found on the net!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Problem with function in single.php’ is closed to new replies.