Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Prefix Field Names not working on display: group

Solving

Prefix Field Names not working on display: group

• I’m starting to experiment with the clone feature for fields that I have to use multiple times. But the Prefix Field Names feature only seems to work then the display is set to seamless, and not group. And when display is set to seamless, it of course doesn’t group the fields when I have to fill out the content for the specific page, which makes it sort of difficult to differentiate the fields if I have more than 1 clone in the field group.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but it doesn’t seem likely that an option would be available, if it didn’t do anything.

• I can’t say if this is a bug or not, but if the option is available but does not do anything then it could be a bug. The clone field is relatively new and all bugs should be reported by opening a new support ticket https://support.advancedcustomfields.com/new-ticket/

• I’ve recently run into this same problem with using Group Display on the Clone Field. It doesn’t seem to be restricted to only prefix field names, but also non-prefixed field names. I originally wanted to use the Group Display option in order to use the Conditional Logic feature, but this issue prevents me from utilizing it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Prefix Field Names not working on display: group’ is closed to new replies.