Support

Account

Home Forums Add-ons Repeater Field Posts are not "separate" with ACF Repeater

Solving

Posts are not "separate" with ACF Repeater

• Hi! I hope you can give me some guidance.

I am using ACF with Beaver Builder. I have a CPT with doctor’s profiles. In addition to their normal profile info (name, phone, etc., I created a repeater to add individual testimonials. On the front end, I have a posts area set up to dump this info on their profile page.

But, I’ve done it wrong. Instead of it spitting out 3 separate testimonials posts from the single profile, it is spitting out 1 post with 3 testimonials inside it.

How can I get them to create separate posts? My goal is to get them in the masonry format.

Here is the code I am using.

[wpbb-acf-repeater name=’doctor-testimonials’]
    <div class=”fl-post-text doctor-testimonials”>
    [wpbb post:acf type=’textarea’ name=’testimonial’]
    <h3>[wpbb post:acf type=’text’ name=’testimonial-author’]</h3>
    <h4>[wpbb post:acf type=’text’ name=’authors-business’]</h4>
    </div>
    [/wpbb-acf-repeater]

Thank you for any help you can thing of.

Lena

• I have no experience with BeaverBuilder and ACF shortcodes but it sounds like you don’t want a repeater field in the first place. A repeater is for adding multiple items to a single post. It sounds like you want just one testimonial with each post, so you just need a regular text field associated with the post type.

• The basic answer is “No. It can’t be done that way”.

I want all of them to be listed on a single post. But, BB has a way to pull in separate chunks of info – like all posts on one page (good for a landing page for a blog with a “read more”). I ended up just pulling them all in as one big chunk of information and styled them to look like a masonry block layout.

Thank you for your reply.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

We use cookies to offer you a better browsing experience, analyze site traffic and personalize content. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them in our Cookie Policy. If you continue to use this site, you consent to our use of cookies.