after updating to 5.10 i saw that selected post objects are shown like on the screenshot. the functionality is ok. i can select other values and in the dropdown they appear fine. but after selecting, the selected is again shown as [object Object]. the mousover also shows the title of the object correct.
i have already updated wordpress to 5.8 and cleared all caches in my browser.
is anyone else seeing this in the same way?
thank you for your feedback!
Thanks for the report, we did make changes in 5.10 that could potentially cause this, but we’ve been unable to reproduce it locally – it could be caused by the browser loading a cached or old version of the acf-input.js file though.
Are you able to clear the browser cache and see if it’s still happening? Alternatively, if you could send us your field group export to [email protected], I’ll pick this up with you there and see if we can figure this out.
If you’ve go the issue happening on a publicly accessible site you’re able to grant us access too, even better.
Thanks for your help!
thank you for your quick reply! i cleared browser cache one more and accessed the site via a fresh browser as well, but that does not make any changes :/
i am not sure if it may have something to do with woocommerce installed and enabled in this site. because i find this line:
<link rel='stylesheet' id='select2-css' href='https://www.rinnhofer.info/wp2018/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/assets/inc/select2/4/select2.min.css?falkeTS=61277bd691e4f2021' media='all' />
which seems fine.
but i can not find a line with select2-js pointing to a js-file inside acf.
but i can find a line:
<script src='https://www.rinnhofer.info/wp2018/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/assets/js/select2/select2.full.min.js?falkeTS=61277bd691e4f2021' id='select2-js'></script> which may be have the same file-handle and use a different version inside woocommerce?
in our case we do not have “classic editor” or any other plugin like that installed. the site uses block editor and elementor.
but i have another addition: even when trying to generate a new field group with a “post object” and using the post type filter (which uses select2 as well) the problem occurs.
so it is not only in the posts and options pages, but also in the acf admin area.
thank you again for your help 🙂
You are right that this is a WooCommerce conflict. They install a different version of select2 called selectWoo, and it has an issue with rendering templates: https://github.com/woocommerce/selectWoo/issues/39
We’ve got a workaround in testing right now though, and we should have a patch out for this shortly! I’ll let you know once it’s available.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Welcome to the Advanced Custom Fields community forum.
Browse through ideas, snippets of code, questions and answers between fellow ACF users
Helping others is a great way to earn karma, gain badges and help ACF development!