Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) 'Post object' property works not synchronously in the multiple taxonomies.

Helping

'Post object' property works not synchronously in the multiple taxonomies.

• I have 2 custom taxonomies:
    – programmes;
    – coaches;

Each of them should have ‘choose’ field:
    – ‘programmes’ taxonomy should have ‘choose’ field ‘coaches list’ with the post titles from ‘coaches’ taxonomy;
    – ‘coaches’ taxonomy should ‘choose’ field ‘programmes list’ with the post titles from ‘programmes’ taxonomy;

I realized this functionality through ‘Post object’ property but it works not synchronously. I already created 2 posts in both taxonomies (4 in total): ‘Coach #1’, ‘Coach #2’, ‘Programm #1’ and ‘Programm #2’.

In the post ‘Coach #1’ I added value ‘Programm #1’ through ‘Post object’ property. And now when I go to the post ‘Programm #1’ I want to see ‘Coach #1’ property in the ACF ‘Post object’ drop-down field.

Goal:
    I understand that each taxonomy works with separate tables and it’s ok that there is no synchronism. I want functionality like ‘Categories’ and ‘Posts’ in the default functionality in the WordPress when you deleting some category from the post and when trying to show posts by this category you will not see this post anymore.

Question:
    But do you any technique to make that fields and post from different taxonomies work synchronously? Maybe ACF allows to do that but I make something wrong?
    Thank you!

• If I understand you correctly (let’s just look at one taxonomy)

You have a taxonomy, when editing a term in the taxonomy you select posts that should be in that taxonomy?

If this is correct then you’re doing this backwards. In WP the relationship works the other way. You would put a “Taxonomy” field on the “poat” and when editing the post you would select the Term that the post belongs to. This causes WP to create the correct relationship so that it will do what you’re looking for.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘'Post object' property works not synchronously in the multiple taxonomies.’ is closed to new replies.