I’m trying to select a custom post type object using a Post Object field. I don’t filter by post type (so every cpt/post/page can be selected). I can select this cpt using the field, but when I try to print the field the resulted array is empty.
If i manually select all the post types (cpt/pages/posts), then the field start working and the resulted array is correctly populated.
If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that:
1) you create a field of type: Post Object
2) you leave the ‘Filter by Post Type’ as ‘All post types’
3) you choose a post that belongs to a CPT, and the array is empty
But when you:
1) create a field of type: Post Object
2) select the CPT type from the ‘Filter by Post Type’ list
3) choose a post that belongs to a CPT, the array is not empty
Is that correct?
If so, I wasn’t able to replicate that. It worked for me. I am using the latest pro version of ACF. Which version are you using? Are you leaving ‘Post Object’ as the ‘Return Format’?