Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Post object items not displaying in repeater box

Solved

Post object items not displaying in repeater box

• Experiencing a really weird issue as it’s working locally with the exact same db setup and version of ACF. On the live site the user can’t select post object items from a repeater box. See attached images for clarification:

On localhost
    https://img42.com/bGacq

On live site
    https://img42.com/pwalN

Running v 5.3.5. Any ideas?

Edit: Didn’t see the attachment feature until now, thanks.

Edit 2: Actually I didn’t inspect the console until now, was so sure it was a backend issue. I now see that there’s a JS error on the live version, which might be what’s causing it. This is the error message I get: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
    Referring to select2.min.js?ver=3.5.2:22

• Hi @staffanestberg

I’m afraid I couldn’t open the images you’ve attached. Could you please attach it to this thread instead? You can do it by clicking the link button on the left of the text box.

Regarding your issue, it’s possible that there is a conflict on your site. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

You can also check the developer tools from your browser to see any error messages.

Thanks!

• Hi James, please see my updated question with attached images. I’m fairly certain its caused by a JS error with select2.js.

• Hi @staffanestberg

JS errors occur mostly because there is a conflict between your other plugins or theme. Could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

Thanks!

• Hi James,

I realized this as well, and it turns out there is a conflict between the latest version of ACF (5.3.5) and the latest version of the WPML plugin from Sitepress (3.3.6). Downgrading the WPML plugin to a previous version seemed to fix the problem.
    Thanks for looking into this.

-S

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Post object items not displaying in repeater box’ is closed to new replies.