Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Post object field not updating on save

Solved

Post object field not updating on save

• Hello guys!

I’m using WP 4.5 and ACF 5.3.7.
    I have some Post Object fields, for some post types.

It was working, I updated to ACF 5.3.7 yesterday. Now, when updating the post, the values in these fields are not being updated.
    If I change, remove, add a value in the Post Object field, it don’t saves.

I can see in the console the following error. Maybe is this?
    Please help.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'pt-BR' of undefined
    www-embed-player.js:617 GET chrome-extension://enhhojjnijigcajfphajepfemndkmdlo/cast_sender.js net::ERR_FAILEDJj @ www-embed-player.js:617Kj @ www-embed-player.js:618(anonymous function) @ www-embed-player.js:618Jj.c.onerror @ www-embed-player.js:616

select2_locale_pt-BR.js?ver=3.5.2:7
  • Updating: I’m not able to delete posts selected on this custom field.

The field is set to:
    Required: no
    Allow null: tested with yes or no, not working.

If I change a value (choose another post) on the field, it saves.
    If I remove all posts in the field (I don’t want any post here), it don’t delete the post on the field on updating the current post.

Thanks

• Update 2: not working in both “Select multiple values?” custom field setting is set to yes or no.

If you once choose a value on this field, in post edition, you can choose another value, but you never more can delete ALL options selected in this field.

• Hi @jemoreto

Looking at the error, I think it’s because of the translation file for select2. Did you set a different language for your website? Could you reproduce the issue when you set your website to English?

If that doesn’t work, could you please try to reproduce the issue on one of the WordPress’ stock themes (like Twenty Fifteen) with other plugins deactivated? If it disappears, then you can activate the theme and plugins one by one to see which one causes the issue.

If the issue persists, could you please submit a new ticket and provide temporary admin credentials in it? Also, please explain the issue again or include the link to this thread.

Thanks!

• Ok James, thanks!

I guess I found the problem.
    I’m using the Popup Maker plugin. I deactivated and reactivated the plugin, now seems like the Post Object custom fields is working as expected again.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Post object field not updating on save’ is closed to new replies.