Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Post Object Field No Longer Searches Scheduled Posts

Solved

Post Object Field No Longer Searches Scheduled Posts

• We have a field that is type “Post Object”. Prior to updating ACF Pro, we could attach scheduled posts to it, but now when we search posts it appears to only search published post statuses.

Here is some more information about our specific settings for the field:

“Filter by Post Type”: (a custom post type we created)
    “Filter by Post Status”: (empty)
    “Filter by Taxonomy”: “All taxonomies”
    “Return Format”: “Post ID”
    “Selected multiple values”: (checked)

All validation and conditional logic are default for this field type.

WP version: 6.2

Any help would be appreciated! For now, we’ll probably have to briefly publish the post in question, attach it to the field, and then re-schedule it.

Thank you!

• You could probably utilize the post object query filter and adjust it to look for a post_status of future in addition to the default publish.

https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/acf-fields-post_object-query/

So it would be something like:

add_filter('acf/fields/post_object/query', 'my_acf_fields_post_object_query', 10, 3);
    function my_acf_fields_post_object_query( $args, $field, $post_id ) {

// Show scheduled posts, as well
        $args['post_status'] = array('publish','future');

return $args;
    }
  • Thanks! There are definitely workarounds, but I am hoping that the ACF introduces a fix for it. For the moment, we can temporarily publish a post for a few seconds, attach it, and then switch the post back to a scheduled status. If it goes on for a long time, though, I’ll definitely use your solution to get around it!

• It looks like they changed the default post status to “any” for post object, relationship, and page link fields in ACF Pro 6.1.4 so if you update, you should see your scheduled posts again.

• Sweet! Thanks for the heads-up.

I’m going to try updating and see if that resolves it. Appreciate the time.

• I can confirm that the update resolves the issue. Thanks again!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.