Support

Account

Home Forums ACF PRO Post not publishing or Updating

Solving

Post not publishing or Updating

• Hi, I am using ACF Version 5.3.2.2 with Abomb theme, my problem is I can’t publish new post or edit old post, this problem appear few week ago when I updated my wordpress. Now when I click publish icon is just spinning but nothing happening. If I deactivate ACF pro then everything working perfectly, Right now I have only ACF pro active, other all plugin is deactivated but still cant publish new post. please help me.

• You are encountering either a PHP or JavaScript error during the AJAX call made by ACF to validate the fields.

To debug PHP errors put the following into your wp-config.php file

define('WP_DEBUG', true );
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Then attempt to save the post and then look in /wp-content/debug.log to see if there was a PHP error as well as what error and what script causes it.

Look in your JavaScript console to see if there’s a JS error.

• Hello John,

Thank you for reply in my thread.

I can see only this error on debug.log

[09-Feb-2016 22:46:58 UTC] PHP Notice:  The called constructor method for WP_Widget is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 4.3.0! Use <pre>__construct()</pre> instead. in wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624
    [09-Feb-2016 22:47:10 UTC] PHP Notice:  The called constructor method for WP_Widget is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 4.3.0! Use <pre>__construct()</pre> instead. in /wp-includes/functions.php on line 3624

Currently I only have ACF pro plugin installed nothing else.

• That error is enough to break the AJAX call, problem is that does not give you much of a clue where it’s really happening. You need to deactivate plugins or try switching themes to figure out what is making using the deprecated function.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Post not publishing or Updating’ is closed to new replies.