Support

Account

Home Forums Backend Issues (wp-admin) Plugin for ACF – Using Ajax JSON query states and cities

Solving

Plugin for ACF – Using Ajax JSON query states and cities

• Good Afternoon , I am developing a plugin for the ACF that will query the database will mount with a SELECT OPTION listing the states , when you select the state will generate a SELECT with the cities , the PHP functions are all normal , I used the die () ; out and not run another AJAX WORDPRESS , could enter the field in the ACF typically generates the SELECT with the states , but in time to generate the SELECT with cities , AJAX gives an error : 500 (Internal Server Error) , I’m having trouble accessing the JSON , because I have a PHP script that generates the query into JSON , also tried putting in a function but without success , the file got getJson JavaScript seem to get the PHP file that generates the JSON and makes search and thus assembles the SELECT , below is my sample code :

Put this in the constructor :

add_action ( ' init ', array ( & $ this , ' init ' ) ) ;

if ( is_admin ()) {
                add_action ( ' wp_ajax_nopriv_bairros_ajax ', array ( & $ this , ' bairros_ajax ' ) ) ;
                add_action ( ' wp_ajax_bairros_ajax ', array ( & $ this , ' bairros_ajax ' ) ) ;
            }

I’m in class :

public function init ( ) {
            wp_enqueue_script ( ' acf - neighborhoods ' , plugin_dir_url ( __FILE__ ) . 'js / scripts.js ', array ( ' jquery ' ) ) ;
            wp_localize_script ( ' acf - neighborhoods ', ' acf_bairros ', array (
                ' ajaxurl ' = > ADMIN_URL ( 'admin - ajax.php ' )
            ) );
        }

so he can localixar admin – ajax.php to work with ajax and also sets my JS file , this is the function that generates my JSON : or resources may be in a PHP file as well:

bairros_ajax public function ( ) {
            header (' Cache -Control : no- cache ' ) ;
            header (' Content-type : application / xml ; charset = " utf - 8 " ', true ) ;

global $ wpdb ;

# $ uf = mysql_real_escape_string ( $ _REQUEST [' uf '] ) ;

$ cidadesArray = array ( ) ;

$ cities = $ wpdb - > get_results ( " SELECT * FROM { $ wpdb - > prefix} acf_cidades WHERE uf = 'GO ' ORDER BY city " ) ;

foreach ( $ towns $ city) :
                $ cidadesArray [ ] = array (
                    ' city_id ' = > $ city - > city_id ,
                    ' uf ' = > $ city - > uf ,
                    'city' = > utf8_encode ( $ city - > city)
                );
            endforeach ;

# var_dump ( $ cidadesArray ) ; exit;

echo json_encode ( $ cidadesArray ) ;
            Die ();
        }

Follow my JS fetching JSON and mounts the SELECT cities :

jQuery (function ( ) {
        jQuery ( ' . loading ' ) . hide () ;
        jQuery ( '# uf ' .) change ( function () {
            if ( jQuery (this) . val ( ) ) {
                jQuery ( '# city ' ) . hide () ;
                jQuery ( ' . loading ' ) . show () ;
                jQuery.getJSON ( ' . . / wp -content / plugins / acf - neighborhoods / acf_bairros_ajax.php ? search = ' { uf : jQuery (this) . val ( ) , ajax : 'true' } , function ( j ) {
                    var options = ' <option> value=""> < / option> ' ;
                    for (var i = 0; i < j.length : i + +) {
                        options + = ' + <option> value="' j[i].id_cidade '"> + ' + j [ i ] . town + ' < / option> ' ;
                    }
                    jQuery ( '# city ' ) . html (options ) . show () ;
                    jQuery ( ' . loading ' ) . hide () ;
                });
            } Else {
                jQuery ( '# city ' ) . html ( " <option> value=''> --- Choose a state --- < / option> " ) ;
            }
        });
    });

within this PHP file acf_bairros_ajax.php have code that generates the JSON , everything goes well , generates the SELECT state , when I select the status of the script error and can not generate the cities in the state , please help me in this matter ? takes a lot Thanks ….

First Tela

Second Tela

• Hi @fernandoalfaweb

Sorry, but this question is a bit out of scope for the ACF support forum.

Are you having any specific ACF issues regarding a bug or function problem?
    Or is this a general ‘how to’ question regarding WP AJAX?

Thanks
    E

• Thanks for replying, I have a problem with AJAX to interact with field of type CHOICE ACF, created the plugin for ACF but in time to interact with AJAX and JSON it’s a 500 error (Internal Server Error)

• Good Day, I will summarize, I am developing a PLUGIN for the ACF, when I put the method create_field ($ field) I can save just one input field, how do I save multiple vampos INPUT and then fetch the values ​​of the fields to update?

• Hi @fernandoalfaweb

when I put the method create_field ($ field) I can save just one input field
    – What do you mean? The create_field will render 1 field. What code are you using, what is the result, what are you expecting, what is going wrong?

how do I save multiple vampos INPUT and then fetch the values ​​of the fields to update?
    – Sorry, I don’t understand this question

Thanks
    E

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Plugin for ACF – Using Ajax JSON query states and cities’ is closed to new replies.