Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues PHP version 7.4 compatibility issues.

Solving

PHP version 7.4 compatibility issues.

• Hi Team,

The following issues were found when scanning project for PHP compatibility issues in preparation for upgrade to PHP version 7.4:

Error Like:-
    Warning in plugins/advanced-custom-fields-pro/includes/acf-field-functions.php: Since PHP 7.0, functions inspecting arguments, like func_get_args(), no longer report the original value as passed to a parameter, but will instead provide the current value. The parameter “$post_id” was used, and possibly changed (by reference), on line 569.

Thanks

• I don’t know about the rest of any errors, but I use ACF with php 7.4 all the time and there are no issues. The error you posted, the key phrase here is

The parameter “$post_id” was used, and possibly changed (by reference), on line 569.

Inspecting the code shows that this value was not passed by reference and is therefore not altered by the function.

• Thanks @hube2

But i am not facing any run time error. When we generate PHP 7.4 combability report of our master branch then this type of warning/issue generated. it will not create any effect on my website but we should solve that.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.