Support

Account

Home Forums General Issues PHP Notice when seeing post object after programmatically assiging it

Helping

PHP Notice when seeing post object after programmatically assiging it

• Hello!

I’ve been trying to update a Post Object field for a while now, but I haven’t had any luck.
    I do call update_field() and my $value is an array
    This code is within a foreach loop, that iterates over some db records:

$per_obj = get_page_by_title( $resp, OBJECT, 'persona' );

if (!is_null($per_obj)) {

$responsables_arr[] = $per_obj;
    } 						
    update_field( $nombre_cargo, $responsables_arr, $post_id );

When that code executes, everything seems to work fine, but later, when I open the post where the field was updated, said field displays this message:

PHP Notice: Object of class WP_Post could not be converted to int in C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\plugins\advanced-custom-fields\core\fields\post_object.php on line 402

What could I do? I don’t know what other details I could give you(?
    ACF Version is 4.4.12 (Free version)
    WP Version is 4.9.4

Thanks in advance!

• I think you are trying to pass an array in the update field function and you haven’t defined a field. I think you need to pass a number to the post object. You may want to add another variable to get the page ID.

Whatever $nombre_cargo is, you need to use the field name or field key as the first parameter of the update field function. For example: ‘nombre_cargo’ or ‘field_123456890’

Try this, but replace the name of the field first.

$per_obj = get_page_by_title( $resp, OBJECT, 'persona' );

if (!is_null($per_obj)) {

$page = per_obj->ID;
    } 						
    update_field( 'cargo_number', $page, $post_id );
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘PHP Notice when seeing post object after programmatically assiging it’ is closed to new replies.